- 1. Go to www.facebook.com.
- 2. Fill out the sign up section with your name, email address or mobile phone number, a password you will create just for Facebook, your date of birth and gender.
- (If you don't see the form, click Sign Up, then fill out the form.)
- 3. Click Sign Up after filling out your details.
- 4. Facebook will walk you through prompts for the next steps to "find friends" or add a profile picture etc.
If you don't want to do any of those steps just yet.. you can just click "skip" and do it some other time if you wish. It's not necessary to fill out those steps to set up an account.
5. Your newly created Facebook account will now open with a blue bar..
at the top right Click the Go to your email button.
Open your email account..there you will find an email from Facebook waiting with a link for you to click.
Click it to confirm that you have personally requested to open this Facebook account.
Once you do that you are finished setting up and can start using Facebook.
N.B. You must remember to use the same email address to log on to Facebook each time you visit. You may need to write down the email address and your password for Facebook and keep them handy until you get used to the system.
6. To find our OCG monastery group when you join up and are logged on to Facebook..
Go to the search bar at the top left of your Facebook ...type in Oblate Cistercians De Guadalupe and click on:
"Oblate Cistercians De Guadalupe
Closed Group....10 members"
When you get there click the Join button.
The Admin will approve your membership and add you to the group.
Your "Home" page is the first thing you see when you log on to Facebook.
You will receive notifications there from the group when there is a new post to read.
You can also visit to post and comment to the group whenever you wish.
You will find us on the side bar to your left...
Oblate Cistercians de Guadalupe will be there under the heading for "Groups"